PHIL ENWEGBARA is a partner at Hermon Legal Practitioners. Enwegbara is a dual-qualified lawyer with practice licences in both Nigeria and Scotland, UK; he is a member of the Nigerian Bar Association and Law Society of Scotland UK.
Enwegbara was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme court of Nigeria in December 1991. He has also been admitted as a Solicitor and Notary Public by Law Society of Scotland, United Kingdom.
He is a fellow of the Southwestern Institute for International and Comparative Law, Centre for American and International Law, Dallas, Texas USA.He was a member of International Bar Association and sub-committees, Energy and Natural Resources and Business Sections.
Enwegbara has special interest in Project Finance, Finance and Foreign Investment law. He has acted for a host of Nigeria banks, foreign entities, and blue chips companies in a number of high value and complex structured finance transactions. He was previously involved in Real Estate encompassing residential and Commercial property both with Nigeria and foreign properties. He also has interest in the Mortgage markets and financing and maintains a strong relationship with a host of foreign law firms and international General Counsel. He was a Director and co-founder of Consumer Protection Alliance (COPA) a public interest and non-profit organisation dedicated to protecting the interest of consumers in Nigeria.
- University of Dundee (PgDip. Scots Legal Practice)
- University of Dundee, LLB ( Scots Law)
- Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law, University of Dundee MSC, (Energy Studies) (Specialisation in Energy Finance
- University College London (UCL), LLM ( Corporate and Commercial Law)
- Nigerian Law School, (B.L)
- University of Nigeria Nsukka LL.B (Hons)
- Legal aspects of Finance and Foreign Investment
- Project Financing
- Mortgage Markets and Financing
- Real Estate (Residential and Commercial both domestic and foreign properties)
- The Law Society of Scotland, United Kingdom
- Nigeria Bar Association