The Investments and Securities Tribunal is set to resume full adjudicatory from Monday 9th, 2017 after two years of dormancy.
This coming on the heels of the recent reconstitution of the membership of the Investments and Securities Tribunal (IST), by the Federal Government as a practical step towards restoring investors’ confidence in the capital market and repositioning it to contribute positively to the country’s economy. This will also help to boost the Federal Government’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan.
The Tribunal has therefore scheduled 24 cases for trial in Abuja, Lagos, Enugu and Kano zonal offices between 9th and 19th October. All sitting shall commenced by 9.00 am.
Some of cases that have been scheduled for hearing are;
- IST/ OA/05/14: Hearing: Security and Exchange Commission Vs. First AlstatesSecurities Ltd.
- IST/OA/14/15: Hearing: MrsOnajiAbichi Elizabeth Vs. Lead Securities and Investment & Anor.
- IST/LA/OA/11/14: Hearing: Benson Onokurhefe Vs Leads Capital Ltd.
- IST/EN/OA/03/14: Hearing Udengwu Joseph Ani Vs Union Capital Market Ltd.
- IST/KN/M/01/15: Hearing Nma Investment & Securities Ltd. Vs. Fortress Capital Ltd