Hermon Barristers & Solicitors’ Company Secretarial duties is undertaken by our Corporate-Commercial practice group. Our Lagos Company Secretarial practice encompasses business advisory where we engage our clients on the best type of business registration that will be best suited for their business needs in Nigeria. We also undertake the registration of companies and related businesses at the Corporate Affairs Commission in Lagos. For foreign entities seeking entry into the Nigerian commercial Market, we routinely advise on all the regulatory requirements that has to be met by these foreign entities in order to be able to participate directly within the Nigerian Market and we also help to register them with the appropriate regulatory bodies in Nigeria and obtain all necessary business permits to aid their transition into Nigeria.
Our Corporate-Commercial practice group also provides a wide, full range of services to several public and private listed companies operating within the various sectors of the Nigerian economy which includes real estate and property management/development, information technology, manufacturing, consulting and other sectors.
As your Legal Secretary, our Lagos Hermon Barristers & Solicitors’ Corporate-Commercial practice group would perform the following duties:
- Ensuring the filling and prompt filing of statutory forms
- Drafting, preparation and dispatch of requisite notices of meetings to members and auditors
- Filing of copy of special resolutions on prescribed form within the specified time period
- Keeping or arranging for the having of minutes of directors’ meetings and general meetings
- Maintaining and keeping of minutes books and other statutory books required by the Companies and Allied Matters Act
- Having custody and use of the Company’s common seal
- Preparing meeting notices and sending same to interested company shareholders, attending company meetings and preparing meetings for those meetings, to be kept in the company’s Minutes book
- Routinely advising our commercial clients on compliance requirements with the applicable rules and Regulations in their sectors of practise i.e. corporate governance obligations, filing obligations and other requirements by the Companies and Allied Matters Act, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Nigerian Stock Exchange, where applicable
- Signing of statutory returns and applications, and other ancillary services
Hermon Barristers & Solicitors routinely and actively participates in business/corporate advisory work for our commercial clients who operate within the Corporate sector, across various industries. Our range of work includes conducting legal due diligence on company portfolios and investigations in the work done by these companies. Our team has vast experience in corporate commercial advisory and over the years, our team has deepened their capacity in this regard so as to better serve our institutional clients in their corporate affairs and corporate governance issues.
Are you a Lagos-based company that needs the services of professional Attorneys who can handle your company secretarial duties, statutory filings and ensure your company’s compliance with Regulatory authorities and extant Laws? We invite you to contact our Anthony, Lagos Company Secretarial practice so we can discuss your needs and see how best our lawyers can help your business in its compliance and other company related issues.