- Corporate Governance and Regulatory Compliance
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
BENJAMIN C. OBIDIEGWU is a 1990 law graduate of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He was admitted to practice law in Nigeria in December 1991 and joined Osinbajo, Kukoyi and Adokpaye in 1992. In 1998, he received a Master’s Degree award in law from the Lagos State University specialising in Banking and Investment Law. Ben, a fellow of the Southwestern Institute for International and Comparative Law/Centre for American and International Law, Dallas, Texas, USA is also an alumnus of the Management Development Programme for Legal Practitioners of the Pan Atlantic University (formerly Lagos Business School), Lagos.
Benjamin is an expert in corporate compliance, regulation matters, banking and investment practices, taxation, intellectual property and a Capital Market Consultant registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission of Nigeria. He has acted as legal adviser and solicitor in several complex and international legal transactions including:
- The N4.5 Trillion Debt Issuance Programme of the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria
- The US$2.5 Million Acquisition of Travant Ltd (a Mauritania based Global License Company)
- Legal and transactional advisor to core investors in the N1.5 Billion Nigerian Gaming Industry Investment portfolio.
- Company Secretary to one of Nigeria’s leading media organisations, the Independent Communication Network Limited (ICNL), publishers of The News magazine until its closure as a business venture.
Ben also has practice interests in Mining, Real Estate and Property matters. In 2006, he was an expertise Speaker at an international law conference in South Africa to espouse on Legal issues in Commercial Investment(s) in Nigeria.
Ben is a member of several professional bodies including the International Bar Association; International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals; Section on Business Law, Nigerian Bar Association; Business Recovery and Insolvency Practitioners of Nigeria, BRIPAN; Fellow, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria; General Secretary, Capital Market Solicitors Association; the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators of Nigeria and the Nigerian-Ukraine Business Council. He has attended several law and related seminars/workshops in Nigeria and abroad.
- Business Recovery and Insolvency Practitioners of Nigeria, BRIPAN
- Capital Markets Solicitors Assocation (CMSA) – Chairman 2019 -2021
- Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals
- Nigeria Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Nextlaw Referral Network
- Section on Business Law
- Lagos State University (LL.M, Banking and Investment Law)
- Nigerian Law School (B.L)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (LL.B)
Lagos Law Offices
Penthouse Suite, Theodolite House, 306 Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos State.