PRACTICE NICHE & INTEREST AREAS.
In line with our competency as a corporate commercial law firm, we provide legal advisory services to guide and direct decision making as regards appropriate legal structures and forms to adopt, corporate establishment of businesses and compliance with requisite statutory and regulatory framework.
In offering this services, we undertake:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Drafting and Review – we are known for our meticulous attention to details and ability to adequately capture the essence of all commercial relationships with the drafting and review of contract documents in all spheres of commercial and business endeavours.
- Company Secretaries – As your Legal Secretary, HERMON would perform the following duties: ensuring the filling and prompt filing of statutory forms, drafting, preparation and dispatch of requisite notices of meetings to members and auditors, filing of copy of special resolutions on prescribed form within the specified time period, keeping or arranging for the having of minutes of directors’ meetings and general meetings, maintaining and keeping of minutes books and other statutory books, having custody and use of the Company’s common seal, signing of statutory returns and applications, and other ancillary services.
- Due Diligence – we undertake a full assessment of investment portfolio with the delivery of detailed legal-related analyses.
- Employment and Industrial Relations – Grounded in the relevant labour law legislations applicable at all levels of governance and workplace administration, HERMON provides specialised labour and employment legal services, both in and out of the courtroom.
- Form and Structure Advisory – for any proposed investment, we advise on the appropriate legal form the business should adopt in line with the proposed object(s) of business and the quantum of the consideration and financial commitment of the promoters.
- Litigation – as your trial expert advocate, HERMON will avail you legal expertise and representation at trial and appellate (court) jurisdictions.
- Nominees Secretarial Services – As nominees, we provide transient company secretarial services to small and medium sized companies to ensure their compliance with basic corporate affairs statutory requirements for the organisation of company meetings.
- Property and Real Estate – HERMON provides quality pre-contract due diligence research and advisory services to ascertain the viability and authenticity of any investment in property and real estate. Equally availed our clients is our fast-track property and real estate claims and legal ownership registration services (as a safeguard against the pitfalls peculiar to property acquisition and/or real estate transactions).
- Sector Advisory – HERMON is positioned to handle the transactional needs of all contractual relationships and engagements on a wide-range of issues spanning all sectors of commercial ventures from the budding entrepreneurial project to multi-million commercial transactions.
- Statutory and Regulatory Advisory – requisite approvals, registration and update with governmental and other legislation-authorised institutions and regulators at all levels of governance like the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) ; Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Trademark, Patent and Design Registry, etc. is undertaken and obtainable for the benefit(s) of our clients.